Since another piece of controversy involving Joey Barton came about today, I thought we could take a trip down memory lane and relive his interesting career.
On twitter he has posted some ironic things and I think this is up there. Today he posted
"Players who roll around when nobody touches them should be subsequently banned. I hate cheats. Authorities should address it."
Yet in his Newcastle days he did exactly the same versus Gervinho and he posted about being a 'pacifist' despite kneeing Aguero.
Well judge for yourself but here is 25 of my 'favourite' Joey Barton
1. Vs Middlesbrough he was a sub and lost his shirt, denying him a debut
2. Barton got his first red card for Man City when they were 3-0 down. They won 4-3
3. He took the huff and stormed out of the Man City stadium when not picked for a game vs Southampton
4. Barton sparked a ten-man brawl in a friendly match against Doncaster Rovers on 25 July 2004 after hacking at an opposition player.
5. Joey Barton stubbed out a lit cigar in a youth players eye in 2004
6. In May 2005 he broke a 35-year-old pedestrian's leg while driving his car through Liverpool city centre at 2 am.
7. Barton was sent home from a pre-season tournament in Thailand after assaulting a 15-year-old Everton supporter
8. Barton exposed his backside to Everton fans, following City's injury-time equaliser in a game at Goodison Park.
9. In December 2006, Barton received the second red card of his career, for a late two-footed tackle on Bolton Wanderers player
10. He was arrested on suspicion of assault and criminal damage after an alleged argument with a taxi driver in Liverpool while going to his
hotel after a match on 13 March 2007
11. Barton was fined £100,000 and suspended by City until the end of the 2006–07 season on 1 May 2007, following an incident during training when
he assaulted his teammate Ousmane Dabo. Dabo said that he had been hit several times, was left unconscious and had to go to hospital after suffering
injuries to his head, including a suspected detached retina.
12. During his first Tyne-Wear derby for Newcastle against Sunderland, Barton appeared to raise his foot dangerously in a challenge with
13. On 27 December 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault in the Church Street area of Liverpool city centre following an incident
which took place at 5:30 am
14. CCTV showed Barton punching a man twenty times, causing him to lose consciousness, and attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth.
15. Barton admitted to being an alcoholic
16. Shortly into this return game, Barton was involved in an incident with Samir Nasri, putting in a strong tackle
17. After serving his ban, he played 75 minutes in a reserve game and said he wanted to transform his image to become a role model
18. Barton was injured after a tackle from Lee Cattermole.
19. In his first appearance in over three months on 3 May 2009, Barton was sent off late in a 3–0 loss to Liverpool at Anfield for a
sliding challenge on Xabi Alonso.
20. Alan Shearer called him shit
21. Barton again acted violently, punching Morten Gamst Pedersen in the chest.
22. He appeared to direct homophobic remarks and a lewd gesture at Fernando Torres
23. He was given a straight red card after head-butting Norwich midfielder Bradley Johnson
24. Barton was sent off in the fifty-fifth minute for violent misconduct after elbowing Carlos Tévez in the face.
Immediately after being shown a red card, Barton kicked Sergio Agüero in the back of the knee and attempted to head-butt Vincent Kompany
25. First and not last red card for OM
Thanks for reading - @ChrisMagoo73
Are you making a FanPost? Well that's fantastic, just keep it tasteful.